- Case Study -
Plant Assessor and SEMCO
How we've helped SEMCO streamline machinery compliance for their customers.
Semco is a machinery and equipment importer and distributor, providing an end-to-end solution for machinery sales and servicing. With locations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle, Queanbeyan and Goulburn, each location meets new and used machinery needs.
As a major equipment dealer across a wide range of machinery types and attachments, ensuring that they were meeting all of their compliance obligations - regardless of the machine - was paramount.
Work sites themselves have their own requirements. And navigating the different safety regulations and requirements can be a minefield.
For Semco, being able to provide customers with industry leading risk assessments and compliance documentation to ensure they would be able to get machines on-site, was a must.
Whether new or used machinery, Semco needed to be able to identify any hazards or risks associated with the machine, to be able to provide the most robust information to customers - and ensure they were compliant with latest Australian legislation.
Ultimately, Semco are committed to providing best-in-class service, quality and safety selling machinery - and Plant Assessor was chosen to support that objective.
- A robust risk assessment platform to identify hazards and risks across a wide range of machinery types.
- Easy to use software to cut down the amount of time it took to thoroughly inspect a machine and generate instant reports.
- A database of machine specific information, up to date with the latest Australian legislation, standards, acts, codes and industry best-practices.
- Easy to share risk assessment reports and information required for customers to get machines on-site.
- The ability to keep digital, well-organised records against machines that can be easily accessed when required
- Help and support readily available when they needed it.
To meet these challenges, Semco implemented Plant Assessor to manage their risk assessments process when selling machinery.
Watch the case study to see how Plant Assessor helped Semco to have confidence that they were providing the most robust risk assessments in the industry, helping to keep machines safe and compliant, and making it easy for their customers.
"Unless you’ve got a risk assessment procedure on equipment, you’re leaving yourself wide open.
That’s the critical bit. Knowing you can go to bed at night knowing that you’re doing industry best."
- Satch Santilli, Chief Executive Officer, Semco