- Case Study -
WestConnex M4-M5 Link Tunnels
How did Plant Assessor help ASBJV to manage machinery compliance on the WestConnex M4-M5 Link Tunnels?
Bouygues Construction Australia, as part of a joint venture with partners Acciona and Samsung C&T Corporation (ASBJV), were selected to deliver the WestConnex M4-M5 Link Tunnels.
WestConnex is Australia’s largest road infrastructure project, delivering a 33km motorway network - mostly underground.
M4-M5 Link Tunnels involves the construction of twin-mainline tunnels between the M4 in Haberfield and the M8 in St Peters, each 7.5km long.
The project mobilises over 500 operations, design and construction staff and nearly 700 workers. To meet their uncompromising commitment to safety, to solve the challenge of ensuring all machines on-site are compliant, and to ease friction with machine onboarding, ASBJV implemented Plant Assessor.
- The ability to manage the compliance status of a large fleet of varied machinery types.
- A database of machinery types that included specialised equipment, and non-standard machinery.
- The ability to set and communicate specific site compliance requirements in advance.
- A solution that was easy to use and implement, so everyone on the project could quickly get up to speed.
- Tools to onboard machinery quickly, with all compliance documentation in place.
- Alerts and notifications regarding the status of compliance of any given machine.
- World class support on hand.
ASBJV engaged Plant Assessor to provide the solution.
With the MySite Suite of functionality, they were able to use a range of powerful tools designed specifically to manage all of their subcontractor machinery compliance, onboarding machines efficiently, and keep track of any changes to the status of compliance.
Utilising Connections and Supply Machine functionality, ASBJV could easily connect with contractors in Plant Assessor who would be supplying machines to the M4-M5 Link Tunnels site.
From there, they could clearly communicate compliance requirements, and pre-approve machines in advance, so everything was in order before the machines arrived.
By using Plant Assessor, ASBJV was able to implement a system of onboarding compliant machines quickly and efficiently, monitor the status of compliance on all machines on-site, and keep everyone in the loop.
"The features make everything compliant. From auditing using Plant Assessor, we are comfortable with the level of safety and compliance of machines on-site.”
“Plant Assessor helped with a lot of different aspects. Not only plant onboarding, but safety management in regards to plant.”
- Jeremy Berger, Senior Plant Engineer, ASBJV.