17 Apr April Newsletter 2019
April Newsletter 2019
The following incident alert was published by Workplace Health & Safety Queensland on 29 March 2019.
In February 2019, a worker was killed while repairing a skid steer loader. Early investigations indicate the safety prop was not engaged to ensure the bucket arms could not be lowered. The worker inadvertently activated the controls and was crushed by the arms. It appears the mechanisms which enable the hand controls to be isolated were inoperative due to general wear and tear on the machine.
A tragic incident I am sure you all will agree, as all fatalities are. When I read incident alerts such as this, I always ask myself, would using Plant Assessor have prevented this incident? After all, that’s what we’re here to do…
Earlier this year we started a 4 part series that spells out the key reasons why investing in the management of machinery safety is good for business. Regardless of the nature or location of your business and the experience of your machine operators, being proactive with managing machinery safety is crucial for anyone who owns, uses, sells or hires out plant and equipment.
To recap, these four reasons are:
- Reduced incidents and injuries
- Reduced likelihood of prosecution
- More efficient business processes
- Improved customer service
This piece expands on the second reason – the reduced likelihood of legal ramifications and financial penalties stemming from a major incident.
There’s never been a better time to start using Plant Assessor for your daily pre start checks. Since we introduced our Pre Start Plus app late last year, we have had a huge increase in the number of businesses using our tools to easily manage this process across their fleet. Now, with our new Pre Start Reporting function (read more below), it is easier than ever to keep track of your daily safety compliance
If you’re ready to get started, here are three steps you can follow to ensure a successful roll-out across your business:
- Plant Assessor administrator adds operators & machines to Plant Assessor
- Operators log in and select machines to add to favourites list
- Operators share completed digital pre start reports
For a more detailed explanation –
We have recently released a new Pre Start Reporting feature that allows you to view a 7 day multi machine snapshot.
View the pre start status of your fleet in just a few clicks!
How does it work?
LOGIN to Plant Assessor, select your machines and click the PRE START REPORT button on the left of the screen.
The 7 day pre start history will default to the current week (Sun – Sat.) You are able to see a retrospective view by clicking the blue calendar icon and selecting a date.
The report will show the pre start status icons in 3 shifts throughout a 24 hr period:
✅ Machine right to operate
⚠️ Machine right to operate, non critical issues require attention
❌ DO NOT operate machine, critical issues require attention
TIP: Hover over the orange hazard and red cross icons to view actions required to ensure the machine is safe to operate. Click on each icon to view the full completed pre start.
Click EXPORT to save the report as a .csv file.
If you have questions, or need help implementing pre starts within your organisation, please don’t hesitate to contact our team on 1300 728 852
We’re looking for an experienced Customer Success Representative to bring their ideas to our growing Customer Success team!
• Establish a strong trusted relationship with each client – make them our advocates!
• Work closely with Business Development team to ensure seamless onboarding, implementation and ongoing relationship management of clients
• Develop and maintain a deep working understanding of the Plant Assessor suite and contribute to its further development with our product team
• Identify opportunities for cross sell and upsell of our software suite
• Conduct product demonstrations and training
Click on each image below to read the full news story..
- EWP – Attachment
- Inflatable Device – Landborne (jumping castle)
- Front Jinker
- Turf Harvester – Self Propelled
- Core Drill – Trailing/Mounted
- Spiral Pipe Liner – Self Propelled
- Dust Scrubber – Self Propelled
- Rebar Cutter/Bender – Trailing
Download from the app store or google play. Instant access using your Plant Assessor login details.
CLICK HERE to watch a short video on Pre Start Plus