The ability to share a machine profile publicly was created in response to requests from multiple customers, primarily in the Dealer and Hire spaces. Previously the profile would include access to assessment and service history, machine and company documents. For the purposes of sale or hire, only the service and history documents are required therefore the public profile removes access to the other documents.
Why it matters
This new public profile allows owners to link directly to a profile when advertising the machine, and have the Assessment, Prestart, and Service details available to the viewer. Additionally, the profile will show the machine type, and values against the odometer, hours, or other measurements.
How does it work?
Watch our interactive tutorial here.
- Once logged into Plant Assessor, click the account menu at the top right hand side of the screen and click ‘Manage Owners’.
- Select “Edit” on your target owner, and enable the “Public Machine Profiles” checkbox. All machines under this owner will now be able to share a public profile, without giving access to company documents.
- Simply go to the Machines tab, and select the “View Profile” option for a machine with an owner that allows Public URL and copy the URL displayed.
- This URL can be provided for anyone to use.
- To disable public profiles, simply change the owner of a machine, or disable the public profile for the owner.
Who gets it?
All memberships will have the ability to use share public profiles.