Obtaining Risk Assessments from Suppliers
Plant suppliers have a positive legislative obligation to provide owners/users with a safe piece of plant, and where hazards still exist,
to minimise the risks associated with those hazards and provide information to users to allow safe use.
Tender documents and supply terms and conditions should include clauses requiring suppliers to provide this information.
Many Plant Assessor clients include something similar to the following clauses to specifically highlight this requirement.
“Plant Risk Assessment Required”
- Pursuant to the requirements of Workplace Health and Safety Legislation the supplier shall provide the purchaser
with a comprehensive plant risk assessment for the plant being purchased.
- The plant risk assessment should contain details of:
- Hazards that have not been eliminated during design and/or manufacture.
- The risk associated with each remaining hazard.
- Details of risk treatments implemented by the supplier to minimise the risk of remaining hazards.
- Details of risk treatments recommended to be undertaken by the purchaser.
- The residual risks associated with each risk treatment.
- The purchaser uses the Plant Assessor plant risk assessment system, and would prefer suppliers to provide risk assessments
in Plant Assessor format. Contact Us on 1300 728 852 or click the contact button below.
By requiring this information from suppliers, not only are you saving the time and money of preparing that information yourself,
you should be getting the best information possible.
Disclaimer: This information is intended to provide general information on the subject matter. This is not intended as legal or expert
advice for your specific situation. You should seek professional advice before acting or relying on the content of this information.