CAN YOU SEE THE WOOD FOR THE TREES?
The objective of the Plant Safety Management Model is to help owners, operators and industry safety professionals simplify plant safety systems and make these systems more effective.
One of the key elements of Plant Assessor’s research into plant safety involved a visit to the UK for extensive meetings with key stakeholders in UK plant safety, including:
- The Health and Safety Executive (UK OH&S regulator)
- The Construction Plant Hire Association
- The Safety Assessment Federation
- The Civil Engineering Contractors Association
- OPERC - Off-highway Plant and Equipment Research Centre
Whilst this trip highlighted differences in the approach to plant safety between UK and Australia, it identified common themes and gave rise to the development of the Plant Safety Management Model.